Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

Okay so normally I post about my dreams, but it's a special week so I'm posting about real life for once. My friend Nancy is out of town for the week, and whenever she's gone, her dog Jane and her husband Ron mope around like she's never coming home. It's really cute:




Anyway, while Ron and Jane mope, they both refuse to eat, so before she left, Nancy and I talked about how they both wouldn't eat while she was gone so I promised her I'd come over and make dinner for Ron. I did this last night. I made redneck stroganoff (made with ketchup instead of wine) and peas, with brownies for dessert. It was delicious. :-)

While I cooked for Ron, he made Jane's supper:


Ron usually puts cheese in her dinner to bribe Jane to eat while Nancy's gone:

Then he shows it to her so she can see the cheese:

And then he tells here to "EAT!":


So sometimes if she's been on a hunger strike long enough, she'll eat. Other times, Jane sniffs it like she's a bomb-sniffer and it's full of C4:

Then she'll decide she doesn't want to eat because Nancy's gone, and she's never coming back:
But eventually hunger got the best of her last night and she sniffed the bowl again:
and promptly decided to chow down:
leading to this result:

Pretty good. One down, one to go. Hey Ron, dinner's ready!

Here's Ron circling his food:

It didn't take him as long to decide to eat as it did Jane:

which led to this result (Hey, dinner was good!):

Two down! Woo hoo!! Nancy will be very happy with me. The final result of dinner was this:


I tried to get a picture of Ron doing the same thing, and oddly enough, he wouldn't cooperate (sigh). Hey, I told you I was not right in the head.
Come home soon, Nancy! We miss you!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]